Sunday, October 23, 2016

Two Months

(2 Months = June 21 - July 21, 2016 AKA Weeks 5-9)

Okay, okay, so I be might like 3 months overdue on this post and I definitely considered skipping it altogether, but then I realized that I would want to be able to look back through my blog and have Monica's accomplishments at 2 months documented ;) So here I am, 3 months late, writing about what Monica is (well, was lol) like at 2 months.


Backtracking:

Back in my post from June 21st, I forgot to say that Monica got her first bath ever on June 9th at Grandma's house! We used the new bathtub and I honestly let my mom do pretty much all of it because it made me nervous! lol. (Sorry I'm not posting photos bc I don't think they should be online)


Month 2 Events and Milestones:

A few days after Monica turned one month, Joel-Michael and I went to the YMCA together with Monica. He shot hoops like he usually does, and I put Monica in my handy baby carrier and walked around the inside "track" with her for a while. It felt good to be doing some sort of exercise - even though it was small. Considering that I was only about 5 weeks postpartum, I thought that it was pretty good to do anything at all! #FitFamily 


On July 14th, I started my first official workout program ever! Joel-Michael and I decided to try the 21-Day Fix (by Beachbody) food program together and I did the workout DVD's both on my own and also with his sister, Regina. Regina re-wrote the program schedule so that it became a 30-day program, which I have been doing off and on depending on whether or not Monica is sleeping (or if I can keep her entertained while I exercise!)

In this 2nd month of her life, we went to 2 different friends/family members weddings. One of my best friends from childhood/high school, Veronica and her now-husband, Matt got married on June 25th, and then on July 3rd, we celebrated with Joel-Michael's cousin, Pete, and his now-wife, Nicki. It was a lot of fun to dress her up in little girl dresses, although we did end up changing her outfit about halfway through each one to pajamas/onesies just because it is actually really hard to hold a baby in a dress who can't hold themselves up. 



Sometime around June 25th (5 weeks old), Monica started almost responding and smiling. They were a little far and few between but she was definitely smiling - and not from reflexes! :) And about a week later she started discovering her tongue and sticking it out more. She also started cooing just before she turned 2 months (around week 9), which is adorable!

Probably the biggest thing in Monica's life though during month 2 was her baptism! Due to various family members schedules and just general chaos and craziness that follows with a baby being born, we ended up picking July 4th for her baptism. For those of you who know us, this date is of course already significant to us because we got engaged on July 4th, 2014 and married on July 4th, 2015. So, in keeping with tradition, Monica was baptized on July 4th, 2016. Don't ask me what we'll do for the date next year - I haven't figured that out yet! ;) lol.



Her godparents are Joel-Michael's sister, Catherine, and my brother, William. We were so blessed to have lots of family and friends come out to support us and we are thankful for each of you who were able to make it - your presence meant a lot to us! 




Another big thing this month was that I photographed a wedding all day and left Monica with my mom for the day. Luckily for us she took bottles just fine (I attempted pumping but had mixed success due to lack of practice and hope to be better next time!). It was so weird and yet not at the same time to leave her for the day. However, it was nice to get back into photography again and also to know that she was in good hands for the day :)



Eating and Sleeping Habits:

Since I included this information in my one month post, here are what Monica's current eating and sleeping habits were during this time (for my future reference!):

Eating
  • Weeks 5-9 Monica was eating on average 8x a day
  • She usually ate every 2-3 hours
  • There was 1 nighttime feeding, usually around 2 or 3am 
Sleeping
  • Weeks 5-7 Monica continued sleeping about 3-3 1/2 hours at night, woke up to eat and then slept for 2-3 more hours.
  • Week 7 she slept for 4 hours, 50 minutes(!) one night - which was her best time to date
  • Week 9 she slept for 6 1/2 hours one night aka BEST NIGHT EVER
  • She had a tendency to need LOTS of help falling asleep, particularly after her nighttime feeding so more often than not, I would fall asleep with her sleeping on top of me

Growth

Height: 22.5 inches

Weight: 11lb 4oz


Overall

In general I was still recovering but I began feeling better and better as my sleep increased! Exercising definitely helped me to feel better/more awake whenever I actually did it. Showering was definitely hard to fit in because Monica slept for very short chunks during the day. (That was something I hadn't counted on!). We continued to both want and need lots of help with holding and/or watching Monica just so I could have a little time to clean or cook or SHOWER. lol. I went for my 6 month postpartum appointment around week 7 1/2 and everything had healed great, all my stitches were out (hooray!). My PP bleeding had all stopped between weeks 4 and 5, with a little bit returning on week 6 PP, and then a little bit started again around week 8 from starting to exercise, but then nothing. Yay for Month 2! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment