Friday, February 23, 2018

A Fantastic Friday: 7 Reasons Why

Today has honestly been the best day I have had since Damien was born. As a mom there are lots of bad or hard days, but there are also good days. Sometimes it can seem like the bad days happen more often or last longer. But in reality there are plenty of good days too. So in honor of today being so great, I decided to blog about it to help me remember in the hard moments that there are moments like today!


7 Reasons Why Today was Awesome!

1) Damien slept in his swing all night long and only woke up once in the middle of the night to eat, in spite of having a cold (the night before he was so upset he wouldn't sleep in his swing and slept/nursed with me all night).

2) Monica woke up happy from both her night sleep and her nap today (she's been grumpy or crying the past few days for some reason)



3) We went to the Montessori class that the kids attend and had a great time! Both kids behaved amazingly and I survived my first time taking both kids to the class (Damien wasn't born yet the last time he went ;))



4) Damien took (well is taking his 4th as I type) FOUR 1-HOUR naps IN HIS SWING on his OWN. This might be the best part about today. Up until now he's been taking 30 minute naps maximum with random longer or shorter naps. And usually anything longer than 30 minutes has been because someone is holding him. So I'm not sure what has changed but I'll take this any and every day!! Definitely makes me see how people can have multiple children without completely loosing their minds haha. Oh and it only took me 3-5 minutes to rock him to sleep each time. For a non-sleep trained baby (yet), I'll take it!




5) I managed to get in a shower and breakfast before leaving the house this morning (without the house falling apart haha), which always makes me feel refreshed and ready to tackle the day.

6) Part of Monica's afternoon nap and one of Damien's naps overlapped with one another so I was able to find time to pray and also make a few phone calls.

7) I could probably come up with plenty more reasons for why today was great, but I'll just end with this one. Joel-Michael watched the kids for a little bit so I could run an errand that has needed to get done today and he has been incredibly patient and loving with Monica and Damien all day. I love him so much - he's the best dad they could have :)

I hope your Friday is going well today, but if not, just remember that not every day will be hard - there will be good ones too!



No comments:

Post a Comment